Re: [vserver] Error building guest system

From: Guenther Fuchs <vserver_at_muh.at>
Date: Sat 29 May 2010 - 20:34:49 BST

Hi there,

at Tue, April 14th 2009 at 15:17 Guenther wrote:

**** WARNING **** This BREAKS package knowledge!

GF> Yes, I had this problem as well. There is a version step on
GF> CentOS (which I cannot name exactly, but existing both in 4x and
GF> 5.x) where this failure is produced by local cached rpm packages.
GF> To solve this, simply remove th local (guest) cached packages file
GF> as well as the DB files by "rm -f /var/lib/rpm/Packages" and
GF> "/var/lib/rpm/__db*" followed by the "rpm --rebuilddb". This
GF> should solve your problem. Once again as single line for copy & paste:

GF> rm -f /var/lib/rpm/Packages; rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*; rpm --rebuilddb

**** WARNING **** do NOT use this command without saving you
"Packages" file, as it deletes the Package dictionary! (My mistake, I
apologize! Remembered incorrectly!)

Will work on a proper solution and post in some minutes!

--
Greetings,
Guenther Fuchs