Re: [vserver] Copy-on-write Hard Links, Shared Libraries, Prelink and Memory

From: Eugen Leitl <eugen_at_leitl.org>
Date: Thu 10 Jun 2010 - 15:14:51 BST

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 02:53:24AM +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> > beryllium:~# df -k
> > Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
> > /dev/sda1 73742752 42989868 27006932 62% /
>
> this shows me that you do not favor a good design, as
> putting _everything_ on one partition (including the
> guests, which might need/want filesystem tagging sooner
> or later) ...

It's an experimental setup. It uses a 80 GByte SSD for / and
vservers, and mirrors the 80 GByte to a 1 TByte WD RE3 drive
as I've empirically learned that SSDs are not long for this
world. The rest of the 1 TByte drive is for /home for the
vservers.

I would have used a dedicated root if I had a 160 GByte SSD.

> > Is there a way to verify the symlinks are actually there?
>
> there are no symlinks, unification uses hard links ...

Thank you. I should really try reading documentation sometime.

--
Eugen* Leitl leitl http://leitl.org