Re: [vserver] PAE free kernels for Ubuntu Lucid

From: Christoph Lukas <christoph.lukas_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 07:31:03 BST

Hi Andrew,

> I've installed a PPA kernel for Lucid as per:
>
> http://linux-vserver.org/Installation_on_Ubuntu
>
> But with a nasty catch, the CPU in my i386 workstation doesn't have PAE
> and the i386 kernel from that repo requires PAE. Would it be possible
> to provide a PAE free kernel image for Lucid?

hm. What kind of CPU would that be? :)

If this is a somewhat rare CPU type I could probably provide a kernel
for you outside of the PPA.

If this might be a problem for others too it might be necessary to even
change the i386 config for the PPA kernels or to supply another flavour
without pae.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Christoph