[vserver] DHCP

From: Nirmal Guhan <vavatutu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 24 Jun 2010 - 03:19:05 BST

Trying to configure eth0 for dhco. I added NET_ADMIN to bcapabilities
(Not secure but NET_RAW and NET_BROADCAST didn't help).

Doing dhclient eth0 on the guest,

#dhclient eth0
Cannot find device "etho"

eth0 is now lost.

>From one of the earlier mails on the list, it appears that dhcp does
not give real advantage. But in my case, I would have to automate
stuff (for instance, host gets it address through dhcp and hence the
address of guest is not fixed). Also I have to avoid address conflicts
- can two VPS on the same subnet have a common IP - in other words is
the guest IP visible outside the host ?

--Nirmal