Re: [vserver] ipv6

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 24 Jun 2010 - 14:20:00 BST

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 08:27:55AM +0100, ben@bristolwireless.net wrote:
> Quoting "Herbert Poetzl" <herbert@13thfloor.at>:

> >ipv6 is part of the Linux-VServer patch for some time
> >now, so besides activating ipv6 in the kernel nothing
> >should be required ...

> >best,
> >Herbert

> Herbert, I recall you saying some time ago that you wanted more
> testing of the Linux-Vserver's IPv6 support, and that failing
> that you would consider removing it from the next stable version.

it has been quite a while since, and there have been no
ipv6 specific complaints so far, so either nobody actually
uses ipv6 or the current ipv6 implementation is working
in a satisfactory way ...with the presence of network
namespaces there also exists a viable alternative to ipv6
isolation, so if all else fails, that could be chosen over
a potentially incomplete ipv6 isolation ....

> Is this still the case, or do you now believe you'll include it
> in the next stable?

although I would prefer to have extensive ipv4/ipv6 testing
for the next stable release, it doesn't look like we'll
have the resources to do that, so we'll probably go for
a longer devel release cycle and when that turns out to
be fine at some point, simply declare it stable ...

speaking of resources, I'm going to extend my raid disk
space once again, and would be more than happy about
contributions in form of hardware (disks :)