Re: [vserver] 2.6.35.2-vs2.3.0.36.31 and 0.30.216~r2842

From: Ghislain <gadnet_at_aqueos.com>
Date: Thu 09 Sep 2010 - 09:42:49 BST

> The issue for me was I have /var/lib/vserver and a bind to /vserver, I
> should be able to have both and the debian package should not complain
> or least give me the option of installing any how.
>
> Mike

so basicaly it seems that the protection to prevent you from installing
the wrong package for your path is more a problem than a solution.

I will perhaps make a test like this instead:

if /vservers exist create a temporary file tmpxxx in it then check the
inode of it to see if /var/lib/vservers/tmpxxx is the same one. This
should detect links and bind mounts and allow the package to be installed.

 i think we still need to have a safe guard against installing the
packages when they do not fit the directories used by the user.

--
Cordialement,
Ghislain