Re: [vserver] incorrect filesystem usage in guest...

From: Jarry <mr.jarry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue 14 Sep 2010 - 21:29:09 BST

On 14. 9. 2010 22:12, Martin Fick wrote:
> Can you try the same thing from the host and compare?

# cd /vservers/vs1-web/
# du -s -k
12033864 .
# cd /vservers/vs1-web/root/
# du -s -k
3444152 .

This seems correct to me.

> Perhaps you have many hardlinks, I believe that du
> counts each one as extra space. Which number to you
> think is actually correct, du or df?

Based on the above host-output, I'd say it is "df" in guest
which does not show correct filesystem usage (much less, than
it should show). Concerning hardlinks, I'm not aware of any,
but they are hard to find. Nevertheless, hardlinks should not
cause output of df to be incorrect...

Jarry