Re: [vserver] incorrect filesystem usage in guest...

From: Jarry <mr.jarry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed 15 Sep 2010 - 18:14:46 BST

On 15. 9. 2010 18:37, Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:

> Are you using disk limits? Have you chxid'd your files? Did you do
> so before starting the guest the first time since enabling disk
> limits?

Yes, I use disk limits. All vserver-guests are on the same partition,
so without disk limits any of them might fill it all. Without dlimits
"df" in any guest showed the size of the whole /vserver partition...

Frankly, I do not know how I chxid'd files. I suppose I followed
howto, but it was some time ago. Maybe I should re-do it again,
but I do not know how I can "untag" files first, to revert everything
back to clean state...

BTW when we are at it, how is it with new files?

Say I tag files belonging to vserver first:
chxid -URx -c vs1-web /vservers/vs1-web

After that, if guest creates new files, are they automatically
tagged? And what about files which I create after chrooting into
guest (vserver vs1-web enter)? Are they automatically tagged,
or do I have to re-tag it from time to time?

Jarry