Re: [vserver] vserver-stat: open(memory.usage_in_bytes): No such file or directory

From: Gordan Bobic <gordan_at_bobich.net>
Date: Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 10:47:06 BST

Art -kwaak- van Breemen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 09:57:44AM +0100, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>> open(memory.usage_in_bytes): No such file or directory
>
> Eh you should have a /dev/cgroup and /etc/init.d/util-vserver
> should have mounted the cgroup fs.
>
> Oh, and you should have support for containers in your kernel
> ;-).
> rlimits are replaced by container limits.

I think I've found the cause. If the hostname in
/etc/vserver/<guestname>/name isn't the same as <guestname>, this
happens. I would suggest this is a bug because guest name and the
hostname of the guest don't have to be the same. vserver-stat should be
referring to guests by guest name not by the hostname in
/etc/vserver/<guestname>/name.

Gordan