Re: [vserver] vserver-stat: open(memory.usage_in_bytes): No such file or directory

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 12:02:25 BST

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:05:04AM +0100, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
>> Gordan Bobic wrote:

>>> I think I've found the cause. If the hostname in
>>> /etc/vserver/<guestname>/name isn't the same as <guestname>, this
>>> happens. I would suggest this is a bug because guest name and the
>>> hostname of the guest don't have to be the same. vserver-stat
>>> should be referring to guests by guest name not by the hostname
>>> in /etc/vserver/<guestname>/name.

you do realize that /etc/vserver/<guest>/name is the
'name' of the guest, not the hostname of the guest?
(which is in /etc/vservers/<guest>/uts/nodename) and
that it will default to the path name of the guest
if omitted ...

>> What makes you think that?

> Because otherwise /etc/vserver/<guestname>/name file is redundant
> with <guestname> in the path and should thus not exist in the
> first place.

> If they have to be the same, one shouldn't be there at all.

vserver-stat probably needs an update, I seem to have
some issues when the cgroup system is disabled as well,
but I'm sure Daniel will look into it once he finds the
time ...