Re: [vserver] Heartbeat IP Failover

From: Adrian Reyer <are_at_lihas.de>
Date: Fri 26 Nov 2010 - 13:22:18 GMT

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 10:28:07AM +0000, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> Indeed, I'm aware of all that. The thing I was enquiring about is
> the part that integrates with heartbeat. Heartbeat will happily
> migrate the IPs from one host to the other, but it won't do the
> naddress --add --nid <guestname> --ip <guestip>
> part. I was just wondering if there was a pre-cooked resource
> management script for heartbeat that handles this already.

I am not aware of such a script.
Having Heartbeat do the IP-Migration is a good way, as it takes care
about ARP-broadcasting. Don't forget to add 'nodev' to the
VServer-configuration of that IP.
My Heartbeat-Setups migrate the VServer alongside the IP, so I never need
to add the IP afterwards. What do the vservers actually do? Just e.g. 10
IPs that some http-requests get distributet amongst without a special
meaning of the IP itself? You might save yourself most of the hassle by
just adding some DNAT iptables-rule to the host, INPUT-chain. It should
not match packets as long as the IP is not actually present on the
interface and you state the rule for incoming interface eth0 only.

Regards,
        _are_

--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91