Re: [vserver] Vserver : Any VM performance supervision tools ?

From: Mathieu Goessens <gebura_at_poolp.org>
Date: Sun 05 Dec 2010 - 12:14:03 GMT

On 05/12/2010 10:39, mourad.alia@orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> Dear VServer(s),
>
> I am using VServer to emulate traffics in P2P like networks to test the performance of my application when the number of peers scale. Currently, I am getting into and I will come back to you to share my feedback and experience with you.
>
> For now, I have one question :
> Is there any tool in order to watch the performance (CPU, Memory, Networks stats, etc.) of a given VM in a given VServer host ?
>
> Thank you for your response,
> - -Mourad

Hi,

You could find some munin [1] scripts in [2].

Vs-tools [3] also provide some interesting scripts. But the
documentation is mostly in french only.

All thoses scripts use datas grabbed from /proc/virtual/$xid/.

If you try to test your some P2P traffic, maybe will you also being
interested in planetlab [4] / myplc [5], that provide a way to
distribute VM accros multiple hosts and to monitore them using tools
like [6].

[1] http://munin-monitoring.org/
[2] http://exchange.munin-monitoring.org/
[3]