Re: [vserver] VServer and Multicasting

From: Furgerot Julien <julien.furgerot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 13:36:48 GMT

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at> wrote:
> services binding to 0.0.0.0 inside a Linux-VServer guest
> will be automagically limited to the assigned IP addresses,
> which in turn means, if you assign different IP addresses
> to different guests, they will live happily side by side
> even if the services inside the guests bind to 0.0.0.0

You are right, I have tested when the VM is bound to one IP address
and it works fine !

However, in my configuration each VServer is bound to many IP
addresses in order to be able to receive/send from/to many multicast
addresses that are allocated on demand. Thus, I was wondering whether
it is any hint so that to restrict sockets on 0.0.0.0 to be bound to
only one of these associated IP addresses ? Is there any patch that
can overcome this problem ?

Again, thank you for all,

Julien