Re: [vserver] VServer and Multicasting

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 16:47:52 GMT

On Fri January 21 2011, Furgerot Julien wrote:
> Thank you for this reply.
>
> However, recall, that my software is a VoIP application which could
> use different (a range of) multicast adresses during its lifecycle.
> These addresses are allocated on demand by another software. Thus,
> each instance is configured to be potentially linked to one of these
> adresses. Furthermore, one can have many simultaneous VoIP
> communications where each one uses one given multicast address. Except
> if there is a solution to resolve this multiple multicast adresses
> bindings, I can't see how this could be handled.
>
> What do you think ?

Still can not see your problem in your description above.
Does a single, VoIP call use multiple addresses during its lifetime?

I would think not. Once the call is put up, it will use whatever
address it was assigned until the call is torn down.

Or, at least that was the way they used to work.

Do you mean by "my software" something you invented yourself?
Or do you mean "the software I am using"? What software?

Mike