Re: [vserver] VServer and Multicasting

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 17:32:04 GMT

On Fri January 21 2011, Furgerot Julien wrote:
> Sorry for these obscures questions out of any context.
> It's a proprietary software developped by my firm.

Hmm...
Guess that means it is unlikely that I designed and/or wrote it. ;-)

> This software can
> manage multiple VoIP calls simultaneously, one per multicast address.

Still don't see your problem, why not 256 vserver contexts, one per
each of 256 individual multicast address.

> It's why we need to bind to several, dynamicaly assigned multicast IP
> addresses, not only one per guest.

So go ahead and assign it, only one of the 256 vserver contexts will
handle the processing - nearly identical to having only one thread handle
the processing.

> With your help, we find a workaround to addresses assignment by
> creating one interface by IP.

Great, now do that another 255 times.

Mike