Re: [vserver] start-vservers patch

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Thu 03 Feb 2011 - 11:53:08 GMT

On Thu February 3 2011, Rik Bobbaers wrote:
> Do you really "not get" the need? or do you not want to get it?
>
> I can imagine perfectly a need for "a startup order" of servers without
> necessarily having "dependencies".

The current system deals with hardware / software dependences.

The O.P. seems to be dealing with a third dependency (keep job) ;-)
Seriously,
the dependency on a need to implement local policy and procedures.
Or,
footnote #3 in the latest P&P memo from the director of network engineering.

Something like that can only be declared (like DoNE did in memo).
So the O.P. has proposed a way to declare such arbitrary requirements.

As Herbert suggests, perhaps translating those arbitrary requirements
into some sort of priority scheme might be an alternative solution.
But that would require an additional translation of the P&P directive.

The original suggestion sounds like a more direct answer to the requirement.

Mike