Re: [vserver] I've upgarded one guest from Debian Lenny to Squeeze, I've many error when I restart the guest : "Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method" | "Deactivating swap...swapoff: Not superuser." | "ifdown: shutdown eth0: Permission denied"

From: Vincent Bernat <bernat_at_luffy.cx>
Date: Wed 16 Feb 2011 - 19:35:30 GMT

OoO Lors de la soirée naissante du mercredi 16 février 2011, vers 18:03,
Stéphane Klein <klein.stephane@gmail.com> disait :

> I've upgarded Debian Lenny guest to Squeeze.

> Now, when I do vserver my_guest restart I've this message :

> Using makefile-style concurrent boot in runlevel 6.
> Asking all remaining processes to terminate...done.
> All processes ended within 1 seconds....done.
> Stopping enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
> Saving the system clock.
> Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
> Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for an access method.
> Deconfiguring network interfaces...done.
> Cleaning up ifupdown....
> Deactivating swap...swapoff: Not superuser.
> failed.
> mount: permission denied
> Will now restart.
> ifdown: shutdown eth0: Permission denied
> Using makefile-style concurrent boot in runlevel 3.
> Starting enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
> Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.

> Note, my vserver server (not the guest) is Debian Lenny.

> How can I fix this errors ?
> It's a bad idea to upgrade my guests to Squeeze now ?

You can execute the following commands (which are from
/usr/sbin/newvserver):

REMOVE_LINKS="klogd hwclock.sh setserial urandom networking umountfs halt reboot mountvirtfs mountall.sh mountnfs.sh ifupdown"

for link in $REMOVE_LINKS
do
    update-rc.d -f $link remove
    update-rc.d -f $link stop 90 3 .
done

Don't use the last "update-rc.d" if you are using the Makefile based
boot system.

--
Treat end of file conditions in a uniform manner.