[vserver] multiple routing tables and IPv6 with vservers

From: Tim Spriggs <tims_at_uahirise.org>
Date: Fri 25 Feb 2011 - 00:39:06 GMT

In the event that you have multiple networks and multiple default
routes in the root context but only one network in the non-root
context connections can stop working very quickly when a packet is
sent out of the wrong interface. To fix this, Bertl pointed me to the
idea of multiple routing tables and ip rules. After digging into this
for a while I finally wrote a Debian helper script that takes care of
adding both IPv4 and dynamically assigned IPv6 routes to a slave
routing table.

This script was written for my environment so it assumes the use of
"vlan" interfaces of the form:

vlan2/vlan3/...vlanN

instead of the other forms.

It also assumes that the target Table ID == VLAN ID for simplicity.

I've posted it [1] for mass critique and maybe even use.

Thanks,
-Tim

[1] http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~tims/vserver-helper