Re: [vserver] The quest goes on.

From: Ed W <lists_at_wildgooses.com>
Date: Fri 04 Mar 2011 - 22:03:51 GMT

> Now on to the real reason for this message. Going over the web site I
> (re)found many HOWTOs for different host and guest combinations. The
> one I didn't find was a Redhat/CentOS/Fedora guest via the "yum'
> method on a Gentoo host. I don't currently have a play/practice
> system available to just try it. I'm pretty sure this is possible if
> yum can be installed on Gentoo. Anyone given this a whirl?

Yum is in the gentoo repo, but no idea if it does anything or works... I
would have thought getting the dependency database (or whatever it's
called) would be the issue?

That said - why on earth would you want to..?

If you are savvy enough to run Gentoo on your host then I can't really
see why you would ever deviate from that on the guests? RPM based
distros are basically just a subset of gentoo... ;-)

Ed W