Re: [vserver] OT: IPMI Boards

From: Adrian Reyer <are_at_lihas.de>
Date: Thu 24 Mar 2011 - 20:01:32 GMT

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 08:19:13AM +0000, Ed W wrote:
> Sounds like what you need. Note that sadly the IPMI on most systems
> seem extremely buggy and works less well than advertised, but it's still
> a superb resource (eg mine is supposed to be able to share an onboard
> NIC, but that often stops working after a couple of weeks, so I reverted
> to using the extra switch port). Also note that there are usually some
> easy to guess manufacturer passwords setup, so be sure to change those
> in the web interface before changing the IP to be visible to evil-doers
> (internet)

While I like to be able to use the KVMoverLAN feature I always configure
the SerialOverLan (SOL) as well. It works well for me and much better
than the KVMoverLAN-Java-mess with strange ideas about character
encoding and meta chars.

Regards,
        Adrian

--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91