Re: [vserver] CentOS 5 to Linux-Vserver-CentOS 6?

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_cyber-office.net>
Date: Fri 15 Apr 2011 - 22:48:06 BST

Michael S. Zick wrote:
> On Fri April 15 2011, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>> Michael S. Zick wrote:

>>> Busybox provides a reduced vim editor.
>>>
>>> Perhaps I am not reading your posts correctly -
>>> Do you want a "minimal host" installation?
>>> Or do you want a "minimal CentOS host" installation?
>> Yes ... :-) I'm exploring and looking for options.
>>

> That was a multiple choice question, not true/false.

I really am open to different ideas. A minimal host, if easy to get and
maintain, would be great. I'm just not sure what it would take to get
that will a few bells and whistles I like having and using.

I think I'm going to hunker down for awhile and do some more research
and testing. Much as I like the idea of starting from a standard
distribution they all seem to have too much baggage. This is where I
got started down the Gentoo road. So I need to try a few more things.

Rod