Re: [vserver] Memory limits not enforced

From: Yanek <yanek_at_abetternet.net>
Date: Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 10:19:35 BST

Le 27/08/2011 19:03, Mathieu Goessens a écrit :
> On 27/08/2011 16:33, Yanek wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've built a new vserver on a host that already has 5 guests running.
>> I want to enforce memory limits on the new guest, so I just copied
>> /etc/vservers/someguest/rlimits to /etc/vservers/newguest.
>> rlimits contains rss.hard and rss.soft with respective values of 64000
>> and 32000.
>> For some reason, the limits are not enforced at all and running top
>> inside the new guest still displays all the memory of the host.
>> The limits are correctly enforced on all of the 5 other vservers.
>>
>> Any clue on what I am missing?
>>
>> Thanks by advance :)
> Hi,
>

> Did you add VIRT_MEM to the flags ?

No. After doing it it works :) I'm ashamed.
Thanks a lot for the hint Mathieu.
What's strange, however, is that I don't remember having set that flag
for the previous vservers (but it's there in the respective vservers
config. still, so I may just have forgotten that I set it).
Thank you too Herbert, for caring about it.

Kind regards.