Re: [vserver] xid=__ vshelper.init: can not determine xid of vserver

From: Ekkard Gerlach <ekkardgerlach_at_aiai.de>
Date: Wed 07 Dec 2011 - 18:50:33 GMT

http://www.mail-archive.com/vserver@list.linux-vserver.org/msg09562.html

 "This means your guest isn't starting any process, and thus the context is gone before
 the start process is even finished. You could: - change the initstyle to plain
 (echo plain > /usr/local/etc/vservers/S1.myvserver01/apps/init/style), - set the
 persistent flag (echo ^38 >> /usr/local/etc/vservers/S1.myvserver01/flags), ..."

It seems to be a fault in configuration of the guest.

root@squeeze64:/etc/vservers/suse111# echo plain > style
root@squeeze64:~# vserver suse111 start
Mount failed for selinuxfs on /selinux: No such file or directory
root@squeeze64:~# vserver-stat
CTX PROC VSZ RSS userTIME sysTIME UPTIME NAME
1099 1 0.9M 384K 0m00s43 0m00s17 0m09s48 suse111
root@squeeze64:~# vserver suse111 enter
vlogin: openpty(): No such file or directory
root@squeeze64:~# vserver suse111 stop
A timeout occured while waiting for the vserver to finish and it will
be killed by sending a SIGKILL signal. The following process list
might be useful for finding out the reason of this behavior:
 5744 1099 suse111 ? Ss 0:00 init [6]
 5744 1099 suse111 ? Ss 0:00 init [6]

init hangs now.
I patched vserver.start like explained in
http://linux-vserver.org/Installing_an_openSUSE_vserver_guest
but it didn't help. I deleted /etc/vservers/suse111/style
and the vserver is able to be startet(!) without "style" file!
What a surprise! Now I have the same configuration as before
with the xid error. A ghost working with vserver?

Where does init hang?

Ekkard