Re: [vserver] Building on CentOS 6.2

From: Phil Daws <uxbod_at_splatnix.net>
Date: Fri 03 Feb 2012 - 15:15:56 GMT

Gordan,

Really appreciate that as it has helped us to move forward :) Once I fixed the init scripts we can now build a CentOS6 VS but when starting it up it returns the error:

[root@testvserver01 centos6-basevs]# vserver centos6-basevs start
Entering non-interactive startup
vshelper.init: can not determine xid of vserver 'centos6-basevs'; returned value was ''

This usually means that you're using an init-less init-style, but the
guest isn't configured to start any service. Try enabling a service,
changing the init-style, or making the contexts persistent.

An error occured after executing the vserver startup sequence. This
means that some processes may exist in the created context and the
manual execution of

  /sbin/vserver '/etc/vservers/centos6-basevs' stop

is recommended to fix this.

I have checked /etc/vservers/centos6-basevs and that has the correct context:

[root@testvserver01 centos6-basevs]# cat /etc/vservers/centos6-basevs/context
40006

Do we need to do something different in the latest releases of vserver and util-vserver ?

--
Thanks, Phil