Re: [vserver] util-vserver improvement

From: Ghislain <gadnet_at_aqueos.com>
Date: Tue 07 Feb 2012 - 10:07:49 GMT

Le 06/02/2012 00:40, Steve Kieu a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> In my machine whenever I so /etc/init.d/util-vserver start I got error:
>
> mount: special device vserver does not exist
>
> The actual problem is that the mount command add an option -o memory
> like that
>
> /bin/mount -t cgroup -o cpuset,cpu,cpuacct,memory vserver /dev/cgroup
>
> But in my desktop to save some memory I disable memory so it failed.
>
> In case I still want to use cpu and cpuacct for example I still want
> cgroup mounted.
>
> Can function _generateCgroupOptions detect the enabled bit
> in /proc/cgroups and if it is 0 then not adding that to the mount
> command? That will fix the problem.

hi,

you can also specify the componenet you want enabled in
/etc/vservers/.defaults/cgroup

subsys
  Comma-separated list of subsystems to enable on the cgroup mount
point. The default is "all".

  of course auto magical detection of available but disabled cgroup
system would be good too :)

regards,
Ghislain.