Re: Re: [vserver] how to use 'skeleton' method to create a vps?

From: songjun435 <songjun435_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 10:57:34 GMT

Thank you!
But I have another question.
First,I create vps as follows with the argument '--initstyle plain':
1. vserver nova build -m skeleton --hostname nova --interface eth0:192.168.155.50 --initstyle plain
2. copy the host directories to the guest directory(/vservers/nova),
copy -ax /bin /sbin /lib /lib64 /vservers/nova
3. vserver nova start
 then the vps named nova has been created successfully,and the nova has a ip 192.168.155.50 which can be pinged. Everything is OK here!

Second, I create another vps as follows without the argument '--initstyle plain':
1.vserver nova1 build -m skeleton --hostname nova1 --interface eth0:192.168.155.51
2. copy the host directories to the guest directory(/vservers/nova1),
copy -ax /bin /sbin /lib /lib64 /vservers/nova1
3. vserver nova1 start
but,some errors:
No command given; use '--help' for more information.
An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
() failed.

Common causes are:
* /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
  method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
  appending 'true' to this file will help.

Failed to start vserver 'nova1'

so,could you tell me why the second failed which without the '--initstyle plain'?
I do not know what is the meaning of initstyle.
I found I can only know it through the cmd 'vserver - build --help',but it not enough to let me understand it ...,could you know any other documents to explain the command?
Thank you!

3NMedia
宋军