Re: [vserver] build a centos6 guest inkl. mini howto

From: Gordan Bobic <gordan_at_bobich.net>
Date: Wed 07 Mar 2012 - 15:35:19 GMT

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> Roman Pretory wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 08:37:41 -0800, "Roderick A. Anderson"
>> <raanders42@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> seem

>>> Roman,
>>>
>>> Is your host system a CentOS 6? If so did you build the kernel and
>>> utils from source?
>>>

>>> TIA,
>>> Rod
>>
>> Hello Rod
>>
>> Yes it's a Centos 6.2
>> Installed by this howto:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Virtualization/Vserver
>>
>> only change:
>>
>> baseurl=http://rpm.hozac.com/dhozac/centos/$releasever/vserver/$basearch
>> baseurl=http://rpm.hozac.com/dhozac/rhel/$releasever/vserver/$basearch
>
> I'm still rounding up TUITS to do and CentOS 6 install! :-(
>
> One more question? What did you do about YUM? Is it still necessary
> build a patched version or did RPM community (RH?) and the YUM community
> work out their differences and the stock YUM will work with LV?

Last time I checked you still had to patch and build your own. Every
time I tried, I had to patch manually due to minor difference between
the upstream yum and the provided patch, but it isn't difficult, it is
quite obvious why the rejected hunks get rejected and how to apply the
rejected hunk correctly.

Gordan