Re: [vserver] New kernels in repo.psand.net

From: John A. Sullivan III <jsullivan_at_opensourcedevel.com>
Date: Thu 17 May 2012 - 11:42:35 BST

On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 12:30 +0200, Tomasz Pajor wrote:
> I noticed that you added new kernel version.
> 3.2.17-vs2.3.2.9-beng
> and util-vserver is upgraded to 0.30.216-pre3034-squeeze0.2-1
>
> I'm experiencing a strange situation.
>
> After restart my main interfaces ip gets overwritten with one
> from a vserver.
>
> When i turn vservers off, eth0 is not even up.
>
> When i switch eth0 up by hand and start vservers, everything works
> properly.
>
> Have anybody experienced this situation?

<snip>
Did anything else change? I have not experienced it myself but I recall
a note in the VServer documentation that, if a guest has the same IP
address as the host, stopping the guest will also remove the address
from the host. Not 100% sure though and I don't know if removing the
last address would down the interface - John