[vserver] Re: How do I stop a high guest CPU load and ifb0 from dropping internet packets?

From: Fog_Watch <db5_at_exemail.com.au>
Date: Wed 14 Aug 2013 - 06:31:44 BST

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 14:52:07 +1000
Fog_Watch <db5@exemail.com.au> wrote:

> What changes are needed to prevent a high guest CPU load, when
> combined with an IFB ingress interface, from dropping packets?

Since the last post I've successfully used cpuset to distribute my cores
so that, I think, my host has one entirely to itself:
cset:
         Name CPUs-X MEMs-X Tasks Subs Path
 ------------ ---------- - ------- - ----- ---- ----------
         root 0-7 y 0 y 175 4 /
           as 1-4 n 0 n 61 0 /as
          kdc 7 n 0 n 2 0 /kdc
         voip 5 n 0 n 70 0 /voip
           hf 6 n 0 n 32 0 /hf

The problem remains.

When ingress traverses an IFB, with a high host CPU load, packets are
not dropped, but when a guest CPU load is high packets are dropped. How
do I prevent my guest-related packet drops?

Regards

Fog_Watch

--
"A. Because it breaks the logical order of conversation.
 Q. Why is top posting bad?"