Re: [vserver] Running Linux vServer and KVM on same Server

From: JF Straeten <jfstraeten_at_scarlet.be>
Date: Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 09:40:11 BST

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:24:09AM +0200, Urban Loesch wrote:

[...]

>so we are thinking to run it on the some server together with some of
>our linux-vserver guests.

>Have anyone of you experience with a setup like this?

Yes, and it works well ;)

(BTW, the Proxmox distribution runs a similar setup, but with OpenVZ
for containers.)

>Are there any problems expectet to run linux-vserver and kvm
>together?

Not that I'm aware of (modulo the fact that I run this setup on more
older kernel than your's [Debian Squeeze ones])

>Or are there some other better full virtualization technologies which
>we don't know?

You can achieve full virtualization also with Xen, but I won't call it
« better »... ;)

Hih,

--
JFS.