[vserver] Building guests - new to Debian

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders42_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri 03 Jan 2014 - 17:21:38 GMT

I'm really new to using Debian (just switched to Linux Mint for
desktops) and have got pretty much behind on what is happening with
Linux Vservers. I have hosts running CentOS 5 but didn't have much luck
with moving to CentOS 6 so I've decided to go with Debian. (Ben Green's
kernels were a big factor.)

I have one host system build (Wheezy amd64) and running so now need to
build the guests. The example on the web site is for older Debian's so
I'd need to confirm I just need to change the build command line to -d
wheezy from -d lenny if I want to build 64bit wheezy guests.

Once I have one built, how complete is the guest? I.E. what packages
are installed during the build process? The guests will be mostly DNS
servers (authoritative and resolvers), MX and SMTP servers. Toss in a
couple web servers and some fun project servers to round it out.

I figure I'll have to install Named, Postfix and their friends. Does
anyone see anything else I'll need?

TIA,
Rod