Re: [vserver] /var/run on tmpfs problem

From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs_at_swi.no>
Date: Wed 22 Jan 2014 - 10:20:35 GMT

Den 22. jan. 2014 09:16, skrev Daniel Hokka Zakrisson:
> Tor Rune Skoglund wrote:
>> Hi List,
>>
>> have a new installation here, and after reboots, the vservers will not
>> start - with the following error:
>>
>> The following problem(s) were encountered while verifying vshelper
>> functionality:
>> * The vshelper state-directory '/var/run/vshelper' does not exist; since
>> it is created by 'make install', this indicates a serious problem with
>> your util-vserver installatio
>> [...]
>>
>> ... Which is correct. /var/run is a link to /run, which is again mounted
>> on tmpfs, so no-one has created /var/run/vshelper on boot.
> Do you have the util-vserver initscript enabled on boot? It is the one
> responsible for creating that.

Bummer. No, I had not. To my excuse, after installing util-vserver the
messages tells me specifically to add vprocunhide but not a word on the
util-vserver script.

Still, I should have known that, and will keep slapping myself until I
have learned it.

Thanks Daniel! :-D

- Tor Rune Skoglund, trs@swi.no