[vserver] Building new vservers: configuring a skeleton in /etc/vservers/.distributions/

From: Christoph Haas, ML <chhaas-ml_at_ukbw.de>
Date: Thu 03 Apr 2014 - 17:14:24 BST

Hello,

sorry for bothering with such elementary questions, but Google was not
my friend in this case and nor did I manage to find a search option
for the archive of this mailing-list ...

I'm trying to configure a installation skeleton for my Debian Jessie
VServers, following some hints from
http://www.nongnu.org/util-vserver/doc/conf/configuration.html.

My Linux-VServer-host runs on Debian Jessie with kernel
3.10.35-vs2.3.6.8+lihas1 #1 SMP Wed Apr 2 11:38:21 CEST 2014 x86_64
GNU/Linux.

For accomplishing this, I created a directory within
/etc/vservers/.distributions/ named "jessie", within the
"jessie"-subdir,
* I modified initpre- and initpost-scripts (inspired from
/usr/lib/util-vserver/distributions/)
   -> this part works quite well
* created an "apt"-subdir-tree with some lists in sources.list.d,
special apt.conf, preferences, trusted.gpg etc.
   -> but only the apt.conf file is copied to my new vserver - thus it
resides in the "apt"-subdir?
      A workaround for the moment is here to put a copy-statement into
the initpre-script
* created a "pkgs"-subdir for defining packagenames
   -> both ways a) one file named "list" holding a list of
package-names (each package-name on a seperate line)
                b) several files (01 to 32) containing just one line
with one package-name
      do not work, meaning none of the listed packages is installed

What am I doing wrong?
Is there any documentation with examples or howtos available for
creating such a skeleton?

Another question is, when the above part is solved, is it possible to
install packages from other sources-lists during the process of
setting up a new vserver? And if yes: how?

Cheers and TIA from
Christoph.

--
Christoph Haas