Re: [vserver] Unable to set vshelper 3.18

From: Ben Green <ben_at_bristolwireless.net>
Date: Fri 06 Feb 2015 - 10:00:40 GMT

> Quoting Etienne Vogt <Etienne.Vogt@obspm.fr>:
>

>> But the 3.18 kernel is available for wheezy on your repository
>> so it should be expected to work.
>> You should recompile it with CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER=y as Corey Wright
>> said or move it under jessie.

Hi Etienne,

Okay just a quick note on this "should be expected to work". Why? I
have no obligation to provide working kernels and have no intent of
ever supporting the 3.18 kernels within wheezy. They are provided as
is, with absolutley no obligation on my part to make any functional
changes. Just so you know the situation.

Thanks very much for the config fix, but no thankyou to expectations
and 'shoulds' being bandied about. You would be most welcome sponsor a
3.18 version in Wheezy if you like.

The kernel is available on jessie too, compiled on jessie. There's a
chance I might be maintaining a 3.18 line for Jessie. It's looking
pretty good so far.

Cheers,
Ben