Re: [vserver] Systemd and EL7

From: Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clopez_at_igalia.com>
Date: Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 14:12:28 GMT

On 14/01/15 22:52, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> I think the main problem is that systemd doesn't do proper
> logging when something goes wrong, an so it becomes very
> tricky to debug.
>
> If you tell me what fails and why it fails, then it is
> probably very simple to add this or that exception to the
> Linux-VServer patches to "make it work".

AFAIK systemd has to be taught to detect containers, so it stop doing
things that are not permitted or don't make sense when running inside a
container.

And it seems to me that still nobody implemented the support for
detecting vserver containers:

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-detect-virt.html

As you can see, there is support for many containers but vserver.