Re: [vserver] Debian VServer Kernel for HP Proliant DL380 Gen9 server?

From: Ben Green <ben_at_bristolwireless.net>
Date: Wed 11 Nov 2015 - 19:36:52 GMT

Quoting JF Straeten <jfstraeten@scarlet.be>:

> [...]
>> The original Debian kernels 3.16 (jessie) and 3.2 (wheezy) work fine
>> on this hardware. The machine has a HP SmartArray Controller
>> controlled by the hpsa driver.
>
> It's strange since the Beng's kernels are in principle the same as the
> Debian kernel with just the VServer patch applied...

That's not true. My kernels are based from the mainline kernels, not
from the (heavily patched) Debian ones.

I think you are correct though in that finding config differences
between my kernels and the Debian ones is the way to go.

I'm happy to change config if it doesn't affect anything else, could
just be an oversight on my part. If I can't change the kernel to work
for everybody, well we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Cheers,
Ben