Re: [vserver] VServer on Debian Stretch?

From: Andrew Ruthven <andrew.ruthven_at_catalyst.net.nz>
Date: Wed 13 Sep 2017 - 02:08:51 BST

Hey,

Just to confirm, I've happily upgraded my host and guests to Stretch.

Only issues I hit related to vserver (other than systemd in the guests
needing to be removed) was Java 8 and sysvinit-core.

Java 8 (and some friends) check that /proc is mounted before they'll
start, so I had to comment out the calls to mountpoint in the affected
init.d files.

The sysvinit-core postinst sends a USR1 signal to init, I found that
failed so had to comment out that line to upgrade sysvinit-core.

I also finally discovered the reason why some of my guests failed to
start all the applications they should. Debian defaults to a runlevel
of 2, but vserver to a runlevel of 3. Not all of the init.d scripts are
started in runlevel 3.

Cheers,
Andrew

--