[vserver] 4.9 Kernels Hit Psand Repos

From: Ben Green <ben_at_bristolwireless.net>
Date: Tue 30 Jan 2018 - 22:50:00 GMT

Hi all,

I've just finished and uploaded Linux kernel 4.9.78 with patch
vs2.3.9.6. They are installable directly from the psand.net
repository, or via the metapackage:

linux-image-vserver-4.9-beng

For i386 and amd64 architectures, and there's a version I've compiled
with gcc-8 which can be installed directly, or via the metapackage:

linux-image-vserver-4.9-beng-reptoline

That one is amd64 only of course. These images are only provided in
the Debian Stretch distro repositories. Instruction (which need a bit
of updating but should get you where you need to be) are at:

https://www.psand.net/services/public-repository.html

These kernels are minimally tested and as usual come with absolutely
no guarantees whatsoever.

Cheers,
Ben