Aw: Re: [vserver] Issue with Debian 9 guest system

From: <thorsten.edler_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon 11 Mar 2019 - 15:57:27 GMT

Hi Ben,

OK, thx for answering to my request and your help. I was not so aware to the first aspect, that the workaround only deals with systemd-issues on _host_ systems. Also the second aspect, that systemd has to be avoided in _guest_ systems generally. Indeed on http://linux-vserver.org/Installation_on_Debian I saw your given hint with these additions to the build string in the Jessie section too, but my attempt of building a Jessie _guest_ was susccessful without them. So, I tried in a Stretch _guest_ system too. I think, I now got "the key". :-)
The really one thing, I didn't try, was: Using util-vserver-systemd from repo psand and building _guest_ systems consequently WITHOUT systemd using your referred build string additions. Perhaps language is here a barrier for me, understanding the Debian doc-page from linux-vserver.org correctly. After reading your answer, suddenly the doc page is much more clear for me. Sorry for that.

I'll try the build string addition!

Regards from Berlin/Germany,
Thorsten