[vserver] Debian 10 guest not starting (was: Issue with Debian 9 guest system)

From: Romain Rivière <romain+vserver_at_forty-two.fr>
Date: Fri 08 Nov 2019 - 10:29:23 GMT

Hello,

On 12/03/2019 09:38, thorsten.edler@gmx.de wrote:
> Small addendum:
> I yesterday tested your (Ben) addition in the build string for building a _guest_ system with Debian 9 (Stretch) with
>
> --include=sysvinit-core,lsb-release --exclude=systemd
>
> and it worded fine! :-)

I'm trying to build a Debian Buster container using something similar,
but so far it has not worked for me. In spite of the
"--exclude=systemd", the systemd package gets installed alongside
sysvinit-core/-utils, and the container refuses to start with a message
similar to Thorsten's (which is why I'm hijacking the thread since it's
probably related, hoping that's OK).
Purging systemd right after debootstrap is done does not help.
Building a Stretch container is not a problem at all using the same
command line to build it.

This is on a Gentoo host with a 4.9-vs2.3.9.7 kernel and the
0.30.216_pre3131 utils.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

--
Romain