From: Gregg (greggk1_at_cox.net)
Date: Fri 15 Feb 2002 - 16:09:08 GMT

Hello, I'm new to this group.
I just installed vserver yesterday. The installation went fine, I didn't
have any difficulties. I used the newvserver to make a test server, I gave
it an IP address and called it test. It created the folder under vserver,
and copied a bunch of files there. It started fine. Next I entered the
vserver using the command vserver test enter. That worked well also, I got
this following message:
Server test is running
ipv4root is now 172.16.5.16
New security context is 2
I checked to see what services where running, and there were very few
services running.
root 1 0.0 0.5 1384 160 ? S Feb14 0:04 init [3]
root 1181 0.0 0.1 1380 32 ? S Feb14 0:00 minilogd
root 2615 1.6 4.2 2480 1280 pts/0 S 08:56 0:00 /bin/sh
root 2616 0.0 2.3 2600 712 pts/0 R 08:57 0:00 ps aux

I tried starting v_httpd and I get the following error.
Invalid IP number or host name: eth0
chbind version 0.10
chbind [ --silent ] [ --ip ip_num ] command argument

Which is weird, because when I enter the server it says ipv4root is now
xx.xx.xx.xx
This is a test server, so I'm using internal IPs. I've gone over the
documentations a few times online, but I can't seem to figure this out.
I also did a few tests. In the test vserver I created an account called
admin. I was also able to create an admin account in the main server. Then
I created an account called admin2 in the main server, and tried creating
that same account in the test vserver, and it says that that account is
already created. Isn't the vserver supposed to be able to handle it's own
accounts, regardless of what the main server has, or what other vservers
have? I know this is a long message, with a bunch of questions, hopefully
someone can shed some light for me.
Thanks,
Gregg

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:39 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3