From: Vlad (vlad_at_vlad.net)
Date: Fri 15 Feb 2002 - 17:05:19 GMT

> I tried starting v_httpd and I get the following error.
> Invalid IP number or host name: eth0
> chbind version 0.10
> chbind [ --silent ] [ --ip ip_num ] command argument

Never got that error. Go into your vserver folder then cwd into
etc/xinet.d and edit the file. Change disable to no. Restart that service
(or start xinetd) inside your vserver. Then you can telnet inside and play
with it that way. Same with ssh/etc.

> I also did a few tests. In the test vserver I created an account called
> admin. I was also able to create an admin account in the main server. Then
> I created an account called admin2 in the main server, and tried creating
> that same account in the test vserver, and it says that that account is
> already created. Isn't the vserver supposed to be able to handle it's own
> accounts, regardless of what the main server has, or what other vservers
> have? I know this is a long message, with a bunch of questions, hopefully

You're right, each vserver has its own files/authentication. Look inside
your vservers etc/passwd and see if any of the users you are adding are
showing up... you just might be adding all this stuff to your root server
accidentally.

-Vlad

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:39 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3