From: Fran Firman (fran_at_netgate.net.nz)
Date: Mon 01 Apr 2002 - 23:55:14 BST

I have now figured out what the problem is.

The shutdown script is using /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions, which doesn't
exist under debian.

So the processes are not being removed correctly anyway, and that is why
the ports are staying allocated.

I'm going to have a look for the functions script to find out what it
does, and emulate it under debian, so that it should all work right..

Fran

On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 10:23, Fran Firman wrote:
> I have a vserver running debian linux, with sshd and apache in it, as a
> testing envioroment.
>
> Now when I do a vserver vserver-name stop, it seems to shut down ok.
>
> I get a few errors regarding umounting a device.
>
> New security context is 0
> /etc/rc.d/rc: /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: No such file or directory
> Sending all processes the TERM signal... done.
> Sending all processes the KILL signal... done.
> Initializing random number generator... done.
> Unmounting remote filesystems... done.
> Deactivating swap... done.
> Unmounting local filesystems... umount2: Invalid argument
> umount: /dev/ubd/0: not found
> umount: /: Illegal seek
> done.
> mount: permission denied
> Rebooting... sleep 5
> Killing all processes
> expr: syntax error
>

> When I then start it back up again, sometimes the webserver and sshd
> won't start as they can't bind to their ports.
>
> thoughts???
>

> Fran.

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3