From: Vlad (vlad_at_vlad.net)
Date: Wed 10 Apr 2002 - 02:59:41 BST

We already do it for $100 a pop; We pretty much install everything user
requests that can be obtained for free and give them webmin to administer
it.

So far we've only sold a few and there have been no issues except with
Samba but none of our users have figured that out yet or expressed any
interest in it..

Only drawback so far has been the network support; we intentionally
disabled the raw_packet switch since it would allow all the people on the
box to sniff each others network activity... So thats by far the biggest
problem, but then again, nobody has noticed or complained yet.

-Vlad

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Philip Hill wrote:

> Please accept my apologies if this is the wrong discussion in which to post
> this.
>
> Just wondering if anyone is attempting to use this method to offer hosting
> of something similar to a "virtual private server"? Are there any obvious
> drawbacks I'm missing?
>
> Regards,
>
> Philip

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3