From: Peter Kwan Chan (peterkwanchan_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed 08 May 2002 - 04:47:28 BST

Hello,
 I seem to have some trouble installing some server. Excuse me, since I
am only a linux newbie, but here are the problems I observed. What's
particular curious is that I didn't experience these problems on other
server which has a slightly older versions of vserver.

-Even though I have Bind running in the root server, the domain names in
the child servers are not resolved. For example, ping redhat.com returns
with host not found(or something like that). I remember on the old
server the bind in the root server resolves the names for the child
servers(?). Even after installing and starting bind in the child server,
the names are still unresolved.

-Also, when I start a vserver or enter it, I am getting the message,

SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address

-In addition, webmin doesn't seem to work. It used to work fine on the
old server (in a vserver). But now it doesn't run, and during startup,
the message. (I am still working on this, maybe this isn't
vserver-related)

I have tried to solve these problems, but since I am a linux newbie, I
don't know how to. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Peter

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3