From: S.Yamto (yamato_at_jade.dti.ne.jp)
Date: Wed 08 May 2002 - 07:25:01 BST

I posted "Can not ForwardX11" and "can not telnet localhost" before.
I think I've found my faults.

That was all from v_xinetd and v_sshd. The machine running vserver is
located remotely, and I was running the commands in a shell invoked
by the sshd, which is `chbind'ed.

So all the programms including zebedee, sshd and xinetd were also `chbinded'.
(I have tested "/etc/init.d/v_xinetd stop; /etc/init.d/xinetd start"
with the same failure.)

``netstat -atn | grep LISTEN'' revealed that sshd is listening only to
the eth0 address.

I disabled v_xinetd and v_sshd and then rebooted the machine, then
all worked.

I am now running xinetd (for telnet and invoking zebedee) and v_sshd,
and everything runs fine, thank you.

# I was wondering why so many people can live without port forwarding :-P
# I learned that "EXPERIMENTS WITHOUT CONSOLE IS DANGEROUS."

Regards,