From: Justin M Kuntz (jkuntz_at_prominic.com)
Date: Thu 09 May 2002 - 17:04:32 BST

John,

Thanks for the reply. Indeed, my intent is to have dual security at suexec
and vserver levels for the "Shared Apache" method. It sounds like you are
doing "Partitioned Apache" so that each customer right now gets their own
Apache and vserver. Definitely that seems to be the more straightforward
approach when it is not necessary to share IPs between many customers.

What OS are you running? Red Hat 7.2, SuSE 7.3, etc? Are you using
ReiserFS or ext3? I am trying to decide right now which filesystem is
safest to use with vserver... I really like ReiserFS but I thought I read
earlier in the mailing list archive that the unification and immutable
features aren't supported on Reiser. One of my associates did some testing
and felt that ext3 wasn't mature enough or had some problems relative to
Reiser.

I'd love to hear your experience. Incidentally, we are using the
http://www.3Ware.com IDE hardware RAID controllers for RAID 10 support on
our Linux boxes across 4 drives. For about $300 this is a good investment,
although it does rquire in vserver's case for a recompiled kernel to be
made. No big deal - but I just wanted to offer that advice.

Thanks!

Justin

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:40 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3