From: Paul Menage (pmenage_at_ensim.com)
Date: Tue 25 Jun 2002 - 21:05:48 BST

>problem is the patch but we can't find one. Do you have a suggestion
>regarding to the vserver to support multi-ip or even another software
>that can give root access to user (excluding ProVSD)

<plug>

Ensim "private servers" support multiple IP addresses per virtual
private server, along with about as full (virtual) root access as it's
possible to allow without compromising the security of the host server
or the other private servers on that host, e.g. they run quite happily
with the standard RedHat inittab and init scripts, and have (what
appears to be) full access to the network for applications like tcpdump.

They also have RAM/swap quotas, disk quota/bandwidth and network
bandwidth limits.

They're somewhere between VMware and vserver both in terms of level of
virtualisation, and performance overhead.

Quite a few ISPs offer Ensim private servers, including
www.remarkablehosting.com

</plug>

Paul

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:41 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3