From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Mon 12 Aug 2002 - 19:44:30 BST

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 11:13:40 -0500, Jon Bendtsen wrote
> Jacques Gelinas wrote:

> > After 10 years of work in linux, mind you, I knew what DEB stand for :-)
>
> well excuse me, but if you knew that already, why did you ask what
> root_server.deb is ?

Obviously, I was not asking about the deb extension. I was asking what
root_server stand for. The current package is called vserver and there is also
a vserver-admin package. So what root_server stand for ?

He answered. For me root_server would have stand as a general purpose
package used to install a whole root server: Everything needed to operate vservers
and do basic configuration or the root server (which is beyond the vserver
package) including hardware and networking and ...

At some point, vserver aware distribution will allow one to setup a minimal
linux installation used to

        configure the box
        administer vservers
        monitor vserver and some intrusion detection.