From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Mon 19 Aug 2002 - 08:39:52 BST

The first thing you should do is make sure you have the exact same
.config file as your working kernel.

Also make sure you have a stable gcc (2.95.x is best).

Once you have copied the .config to your freshly unpacked and
successfully patched kernel source tree, use `make oldconfig' to only
ask new questions - this should skip the majority of the questions.

If you have trouble finding the right .config, try getting the Red Hat
kernel source packages, they should have it.

Sam.

--
   Sam Vilain, sam_at_vilain.net     WWW: http://sam.vilain.net/
    7D74 2A09 B2D3 C30F F78E      GPG: http://sam.vilain.net/sam.asc

If Karl, instead of writing a lot about capital, had made a lot of it ... it would have been much better. KARL MARX'S MOTHER

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3